Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Projects Jump to new posts
Data Logging Water Pressure Muniac 11/30/22 12:55 AM
This Project Video is Part 1 of how I used a pressure sensor of measure our domestic water pressure. The goal is to time stamp the readings, build up a CVS file, import into a spreadsheet tool and generate a graph. A lot of the components were made in the shop to include PCBs and enclosures. These will be covered in forth coming videos. Videos take time to put together.

McMaster Carr has the pressure sensor/transmitter I used in this project. The P/N is 3196K342 and cost $148.82 It covers 0-200 PSI with a DIN C connector which has screw terminals for wiring. I used 3C 24AWG cable with a foil shield and drain wire.
0 6 Read More
Converting mxf to mp4 using ffmpeg Muniac 11/27/22 10:05 PM
I have a bunch of mxf video that a shot years ago which kdenlive doesn't like. The following command will convert them to a usable mp4 format:

ffmpeg -i file.mxf -c:v libx264 -vf yadif file.mp4

Replace "file" with your names. This LINK provides a shell script to process multiple files.
0 1 Read More
Virtual Box Install on Linux Mint (help) Muniac 11/16/22 05:07 PM
I had some problems installing VirtualBox on Linux Mint 20.3 Una. The USB devices weren't working. This Page was very helpful. You must add your account to vboxusers per the command below:

sudo usermod -aG vboxusers mir

Replace what's in RED with your account name. If you have successfully installed VB and your USB devices aren't working the command above may be all that's wrong.
0 7 Read More
Buzzing Speakers On Idle Sound (Mint 20.3) Muniac 11/16/22 04:52 PM
Just configured a Dell 7520 with Linux Mint 20.3 Una which uses pulse audio. I have external powered speakers connected to the earphone jack. When the system is idle (on but no sound feed) the speakers will buzz. Any application that produces sound kills the buzz and plays fine. When idle the buzz returns. The theory is the system shuts down the jack when idle which introduces noise for some reason. Keeping the jack active solves this problem. I did the following to eliminate the buzzing:

0) Enter the /etc/pulse directory.
1) Make a BU of default.pa (you'll need root permissions)
2) Edit /etc/pulse/default.pa
3) Around line 115/116 you'll see the following:

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
load-module module-suspend-on-idle

4) Comment out as follows:

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
### load-module module-suspend-on-idle

5) Save the file and reboot.
0 6 Read More
Search w/Google
Google

GLCD/TLCD Projects
Fab Ads
Legacy Travel Content
Fab Ads
Top Posters(All Time)
Muniac 316
OldRebel 305
Jeannie 48
8850 8
Gil B 4
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 0 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod