Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
up4itnc, Bob, DoubtingThomas, parkcitygal, Roy
46 Registered Users
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shout Box

Topic Options
#502 - 06/25/14 10:53 AM Our Stay In Cheyenne, WY
Muniac Administrator Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Livingston, Texas
We left Evanston, WY on Monday 23nd 2014 destined for Cheyenne, WY. This was a 368 miles run all of which was on route 80E. The bus ran well for the 7 hours it took us to complete the journey. The KOA in Cheyenne seemed to be the best rated RV park in the area. So we got parked in site #37. We're not a big fan of KOA parks given the corporate nature and inflexibility of how these are run. They tend to be expensive too. The place is neat and clean, however. Good power, water, sewer and internet. The staff isn't exactly bubbling over with enthusiasm. I had asked for a small amount of outside storage for a couple of days. The request led to some unpleasant behavior when I asked to put a few items outside our rig. The response seemed a bit out of place given the trailer pack rat right next door to us. I, of course, was expecting to pay a reasonable fee for the storage. There are obviously some issues looming around somewhere.

Parked in site #37. Same program different channel.

The train tracks run along the back of the park but at some distance so noise hasn't been an issue. Overall the place has been quiet.

Cheyenne seems like a nice town. It's an older town with lots of industry which is a good thing. It means jobs!! We drive around at night sometimes after dinner. Tuesday's drive took us into Lion Park. They had an incredible hail storm there! Some of the roads were 4" deep with the stuff and that's after several hours of melting. We saw none of this in the RV park.

A little over a thousand miles has been knocked off so far in a 2,900 mile trip. It looks like Nebraska will be our next stop. Not sure yet what the exact travel plans will be.
BACK HOME

#503 - 06/25/14 10:56 AM Re: Our Stay In Cheyenne, WY [Re: Muniac]
enthusiast

Today is Wednesday (6/25/2014) and I hit the park showers. Overall they were clean and functional. The shower stall is separated from the bathroom, sink and mirror area. Just a short 10 foot walk to connect into the bathroom. Shower and bathroom were clean. My shower control handle was in need of some maintenance as it turned almost 360 degrees before changing the water temperature. Hot water and pressure were good. Overall a nice refreshing shower.

I can shower in the bus but we're paying for the park services so why not use them.
BACK HOME

#504 - 06/25/14 03:31 PM Re: Our Stay In Cheyenne, WY [Re: Muniac]
Jeannie Administrator Offline

Loc: USA
I too used the shower facility and agree they were very nice, convenient and clean. That we like!!

The park overall is well maintained which means the staff cares about the place.

The weather since we arrived has been quite a mixture. Sun and clouds in the morning but as the afternoon progresses thunderstorms develop and continue into the evening. Fortunately right here at the campground it hasn't been bad but the sky has been quite dark in the distance.

Today we even had a tornado begin to develop a few miles north of the campground. Fortunately it did not reach the ground. The first one I've ever seen! I watched it come out of a cloud, hang there for a while and then slowly recede back. Mother Nature is quite a character!

#509 - 06/28/14 09:12 AM Re: Our Stay In Cheyenne, WY [Re: Jeannie]
enthusiast

On Wednesday we heard the tornado alarms go off in the afternoon. And sure enough on the horizon a funnel started making its way toward the ground. Luckily is dissipated quickly without any damage done. The warning window was very narrow at 15 minutes. Needless to say the whole experience was a bit unnerving. We're in an area that is referred to as the plains which includes portions of Wyoming. Nationally many more states carry this designation in proportions. It's basically prairie glass lands that lie west of the Mississippi River and East of the Rocky Mountains and includes Canada. Tornado conditions are more common in these wide open areas.

Here it's easy to spot by looking at all the slightly rolling grassy areas that extend on all directions.
BACK HOME

Allure FOR SALE
Fab Ads
Featured Member
Top Posters
OldRebel 296
Muniac 247
Jeannie 48
8850 8
Gil B 4
Search w/Yahoo