Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
up4itnc, Bob, DoubtingThomas, parkcitygal, Roy
46 Registered Users
December
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shout Box

Topic Options
#523 - 07/06/14 07:48 AM Our Stay in Sycamore, IL
Muniac Administrator Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Livingston, Texas
We rolled into site #87 on (6/5/2014) after 460 miles. The weather was rainy for about 1/2 the trip. Really heavy at times. Roads were busy but not crazy. We made the trip without any problems or delays.

Parked and setup in site #87.

Power, sewer and water pressure are all good. Haven't tried the internet but the Tengo address doesn't inspire much confidence.

They have a keycard access system to the bathroom and laudry building. $10 refundable deposit for the card. Visitors are $2/person.

The place has 1/2 court basket ball, 1 tennis court, two lakes and a swimming beach. Also some hiking trails.
BACK HOME

#524 - 07/06/14 07:50 AM Re: Our Stay in Sycamore, IL [Re: Muniac]
enthusiast

Today (Sunday) hit the complex showers. Hot water and pressure were good. There are 3 shower units each include shower, toilet and sink in a private room. Cleanliness was OK. I always bring my chlorine bottle to disinfect the areas I'm standing in.
BACK HOME

#528 - 07/11/14 08:47 AM Re: Our Stay in Sycamore, IL [Re: Muniac]
enthusiast

Tomorrow (Saturday 7/12/2014) we leave Sycamore and the Sycamore RV Resort for a 385 mile trek to Oregonia, OH. This campground has actually been a very nice place to visit. The grounds are well kept and it's quiet. The owner isn't the most congenial of fellows but runs a good business and works hard at keeping the place ship shape. We've enjoyed driving around the backside of the large lake to have our lunch. Something we've done everyday since we've been here.

Overall this area is very well kept which reflects the pride that people take in maintaining their properties. This is a very rural area dedicated almost exclusively to agriculture. The lay of the land is very flat. Temperatures and weather have generally been good for us.

The Ohio stop is actually oriented towards business. I hope to work with a small business owner to assist with developing software for a product line he's developing. Being there in person will give us both an opportunity to discuss all the details of a potential work relationship. The length of this stop depends on how the meeting goes.

At this point Jeannie and I are just looking for another save and uneventful trip to Ohio. The Ohio stop is the last one before getting into NE PA for our extended stay. Once in PA, the weekly traveling will be behind us for a while.
BACK HOME

Allure FOR SALE
Fab Ads
Featured Member
Top Posters
OldRebel 296
Muniac 247
Jeannie 48
8850 8
Gil B 4
Search w/Yahoo