Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
up4itnc, Bob, DoubtingThomas, parkcitygal, Roy
46 Registered Users
October
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Shout Box

Topic Options
#560 - 11/14/14 09:33 AM Our Stay In Montrose, CO
Muniac Administrator Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Livingston, Texas
2014 has been a tough year for Jeannie and I. Some health issues on my end started the new year off on a bad note. Luckily none of this turned out to be life threatening. But I had significant levels of pain and discomfort to manage. Most of that is behind me now.

On November 6th I had my knee operated on after dealing with 6-8 weeks of pain and mobility problems. Luckily this was handled via an arthroscopic procedure done in SLC by Dr. Cooper. All turned out well and I'll be back to normal soon.

After traveling for 6+ years full time, we've decided to ramp this back and dig some roots in somewhere. Determining where that special place is took 7k miles of traveling and thousands of more miles in the van looking at prospective places. The winner is Montrose, CO. So we're here now for an indefinite period of time. It was a 2k mile trek back across the country mostly on route 80. Except for a broken house water pump, the trip was uneventful and we had no travel issues. Weather was good too.

The goal is to look for a property that works for us. We like Montrose because it's near all the outdoor spaces we enjoy. And the balance of city and rural is just about right for us too.

The next challenge will be to sell the bus. Hopefully we can find the next owner that will enjoy it as we have over the years. Wish us good luck!
BACK HOME

#564 - 12/15/14 11:33 PM Re: Our Stay In Montrose, CO [Re: Muniac]
Jim Offline
stranger

Loc: Mammoth Lakes, CA
Scott, sorry to hear about a rough start of the year for you and Jeannie! Good health is just so important. Anyway, hope you are both doing much better now. Sorry to see that you are selling the bus, but what a fantastic spot you both have chosen for a permanent location. I love that part of Colorado. Your new property is exactly what I would have pictured for the two of you. Best of luck and great new adventures.

Jim

#565 - 12/16/14 09:13 AM Re: Our Stay In Montrose, CO [Re: Jim]
Muniac Administrator Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Livingston, Texas
Jim - Always good to hear from you. We're glad to have found a place. You're welcome to visit anytime your travel plans put you in the area. Two nice RV parks close by. They would be Centennial and Jellystone both of which are right off 550.

Where are you now and what's going on?

Best - Scott
BACK HOME

Allure FOR SALE
Fab Ads
Featured Member
Top Posters
OldRebel 296
Muniac 247
Jeannie 48
8850 8
Gil B 4