Who's Online
0 registered (), 2 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
up4itnc, Bob, DoubtingThomas, parkcitygal, Roy
46 Registered Users
January
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Shout Box

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#650 - 04/04/17 06:21 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Alberta
Hi readers. I figured I should post an update since it's been a while----again. With spring upon us here finally the wildlife around here has been returning. No cougars though. I did get several videos of a couple of moose, a large skunk and a startled fox. The fox was surprised by the glow from one of the Bushnell Elite glow cameras. One of the moose is quite a large cow and was captured by the new Browning 1080p camera. Unfortunately I have not been able to successfully upload the videos to my photobucket account in order to link to them for you to see. I don't know why yet. It's possible that photobucket may be blocking me from doing that because of bandwidth useage by multiple viewers but that is just a guess. I have recently (last weekend) switched two of my cameras back to taking photos instead of videos so that I can at least show you something. The newest camera (the Browning) will continue to take videos as it really excels at that. My oldest camera, which is a Moultrie, quit working several weeks ago so one of my two Bushnell HD Elite cams is performing security detail now. It is positioned so that it may also grab some wildlife shots.
I have not been burning wood for heat for at least 3 weeks now. I could use the free heat at night as it still drops below zero but I can't shut it off during the daytime and the coach would roast inside. Daytime temps can climb into the teens Celsius. I think I burned less wood this year than any previous year as I have been continuously learning the most efficient ways to make use of my heat battery setup.
Stay tuned. I hope to be able to post at least some stills soon.

#651 - 04/09/17 11:27 AM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

Ok, I have several pictures of a moose that walked by one of my cams earlier today. Nothing really exciting but at least I've got something to post. I'm going to try those videos again shortly.

#652 - 04/14/17 12:34 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

We had a fairly big spring snowstorm yesterday. Even though much of it melted as it hit the ground it did eventually leave several inches by the time it was done. It is a beautiful sunny day today (about 10C) so I just went out for a sloppy quad ride to switch out the SD cards in the cams. Down by the lake in the far corner of the property I came across these very large canine prints! I believe these were probably created within the last few hours. I took these with my iphone. Hopefully you have the ability to zoom them if desired. The size of the prints and the long stride in places makes me think they may be wolf prints. I put a hand print in the snow beside one to give you an idea. I was very wary following these tracks into the trees on one of my trails!

I'm going to check what is on the SD cards now and will post again if I have something interesting.

#653 - 06/08/17 07:17 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

Hi all. It's been a while but I didn't feel I had anything worthwhile to post. I checked my cams today and got a few closeup pics of a moose. The camera is deep in the trees so they are a little dark but I like them enough to show you. Moose are smart...they notice the camera and study it.

#654 - 06/11/17 06:25 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

I was out for a quad run this afternoon and had to dodge something on the trail. I stopped and got off to check what it was. Here you go....the youngest fawn I've ever seen. Probably only a day or so old! Tiny, like a small miniature poodle size. Mama was nowhere to be seen. I left it there and went back after about 20 minutes and it was gone.

#655 - 06/11/17 06:33 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

Like I said, it is a beautiful day. After doing a few chores I've been kicking back, listening to some tunes and having a few beers. I have this cool little setup for music now. I bought a tiny amplifier that powers a couple of vintage Royd Audio bookshelf speakers I've hung onto. Plug in the ipod and I'm set.

#656 - 06/14/17 07:38 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

IMPORTANT NOTICE
All future posts will be on my own website at oldrebel.net. I purchased this website some time ago but when I tried to transfer this entire blog to the new site I did not have great success doing so. At the time it was easier to just keep posting to the blog here. However, the time has come where I switch to my own site. It may take a period of time before I get fully underway on the new site but please bookmark oldrebel.net and check in for new posts. I have said before how thrilled I am at the following I have attained on this blog and I would really hate to lose that. I realize that I don't post as often as when I first started this adventure but I think you all realize that I respect your time and I try to only post worthwhile things to say or see. Thank you to Scott and Jeannie for letting me post this blog here for as long as they have. Hopefully the archives here can remain for reference for the future. It is just too big a job for me to transfer all the material to a new site. I hope to see you all checking my latest posts at oldrebel.net. All you viewers feel like friends to me somehow. I hope you continue to follow my adventures. ....Ken M.

#657 - 06/18/17 10:26 AM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

Just a quick final post to give you the link to the new site. I just posted to it today with a link to previously unseen video. I created my own youtube channel in order to do that. Here is a link to the new site.
https://oldrebel.net/

#658 - 12/22/17 08:33 PM Re: Full Timing in Alberta Foothills [Re: OldRebel]
OldRebel Offline
enthusiast

12/22/17
I'm still living out here at Bragg Creek in my coach. I posted several times on the new site but I have let it die really. In a way I suppose it might be a shame but I have had trouble keeping the blogging interest up from my end.
It's almost -20 here tonight. The heat battery is burning full tilt and I have three electric heaters going. I'm always warm enough. It's a great coach.
I realize it is easy for me to have come to the point where my life out here has now become common-place to me but still holds the imagination of fresh readers who have recently discovered this site. It is still often spectacular and city people who know me and my lifestyle here will occasionally confide to me their envy. It is hard work though. No doubt about it. You have to keep on top of things--make sure you minimize the chances of equipment failure and disaster. It is worth it though. While others may not understand the desire to live out here like this it just suits me to a tee. smile Merry Christmas!---OldRebel

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Allure FOR SALE
Fab Ads
Featured Member
Top Posters
OldRebel 295
Muniac 247
Jeannie 48
8850 8
Gil B 4
Search w/Yahoo