Just a quick note tonight. Sorry, no pics. I spent most of the day shoveling the driveway. I wanted to get rid of that big center hump of snow as I have learned through experience that you can get stuck in a 4x4 by getting high-centered, lol. Plus, my old van doesn't have the clearance that my Ranger does so my only hope of getting the van back into use is to clear the driveway. I got about 1/3 of the driveway shoveled and cleaned up. If nothing else I'll be in good shape by the end of the winter! I was taking my time doing it. It's beautiful winter scenery to just stand there and look around while taking a breather. Very quiet and peaceful.
I heated with wood again all day today and still am right now. I'm going through firewood like crazy in these cold temperatures because I can't damper the wood stove right down to a slow burn as I need max heat. Believe it or not I don't own a chainsaw...yet. My bro and his friend Shale were out a couple of months ago and cut a bunch. I was going to buy a chainsaw in the fall but spent my money on AquaHot repairs instead. I really need one though so I'm going to take the plunge real soon.

Last edited by OldRebel; 12/22/13 07:38 PM. Reason: more info