After noshing around and looking at tons of properties in east central PA, Jeannie and I have decided this area isn't for us. It just doesn't feel like home. Visits to NJ (where we were born and raised) feel empty. This, of course, didn't include visits with friends and family. During our stay in PA we did enjoy some area restaurants, visits with friends and family and some of our old activities like roller skating and the Crossroads Jazz Club. We also completed some important doctor visits. So the trip was very important. It also added some necessary perspective on what needs to be in a home base. The most damning aspect of being back east are the crowds, congestion and expense of it all. Better value can be had elsewhere I think.

So we've decided to come back out west once again with a renewed perspective on what needs to be in our home environment. We're planning on staying in Montrose, Colorado. This area gets us close to all the outdoor spaces we enjoy. It's also less crowded and much less expensive to live here.

I'll chronicle our 2,000 mile trip back west under a different thread soon.

Evolve and simplify!
Scott Bridgman, Why not join and post your own comments??
scott@muniac.com (email me)
BACK HOME