On Sunday afternoon we drove over to my other brother Gord's place. It is a very nice log home and shop partway up the side of a mountain. It has full power like a normal house with a well and septic system. Since his place is higher up they get a lot more snow so it can be a challenge in winter. He is not keen on me posting pictures of his place but here are a few of a local deer named Bobby that comes around to say hi. This is a mule deer that is tame like a dog. His mom was killed by a vehicle when he was a baby so a neighbor down the road bottle-fed the little guy and raised him until he could get out on his own. He hangs out with a herd of white-tail deer as the other mule deer won't accept him for some reason. The white-tails accepted him. He comes right over when you go outside and is looking for treats and also to get scratched. You can pet him and scratch him behind the ears all you want. He loves the attention and will snuggle his nose right into your armpit. Since he is a male he has antlers for part of the year and Gord says it is kind of dangerous to be around him then as he wants to play. This time of year his antlers have fallen off. The top of his head must be really itchy at the antler nubs as he really seemed to like us scratching him there.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]