We finally got a decent snowfall today. Not only out here in the mountain foothills but in the city of Calgary as well. The forecast is for cold temperatures in the week ahead (-17 or -18C) so I had decided yesterday I would top up my water tank and dump the waste tanks in the coach today even though I could have lasted another three or four days easily. I have filled and dumped the tanks in cold temperatures before but if I can avoid it I will. I also bucked up a bunch of small diameter logs yesterday so that I can stoke the heat battery in the morning for an all day burn while I'm at work. After the tank chores I fired up the quad and drove all my trails. I'm going to try to keep them usable through the winter if possible. Not only for fun but also for firewood hauling. Here are today's pictures. First off is heading out to get water in the Ranger.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

This is how much snow fell this morning. It mostly stopped by mid-afternoon. This picture of the snow on the car was photoshopped because it was one of those winter pics that came out with a blue tint. I don't know why that happens.

The rest of the pictures are taken back on the trails with my quad. I love being in a forest after a fresh snowfall.