Where?
I have rented a property in the Bragg Creek area which is a gorgeous semi-wilderness community in the Rocky Mountain foothills about 20 miles west of Calgary, Alberta. It is a 112 acre property which is waaay too big for my needs but it is mostly a quite beautiful, mainly forested, very secluded property. I say mostly because the part of it I will be parking on has a very hillbilly look to it because of a few dilapidated buildings and an ancient mobile home. The Bragg Creek area is a very wealthy area in general. There are very large estates all around with some very large mansions buried in the trees. There are definately building bylaws around there but I'm skirting those by living in a motorcoach. This area gets quite a bit of snow in the winter and it comes early. September snowfalls are common. I move there September 1st.
Nobody has lived on this property since 2003. There is power to the property but I need to get a 50 amp outlet installed and connected. There is a well on the property although my brother and I haven't tested it yet. There also must be a septic field there although it cannot be identified from the surface. The only thing I really MUST have is power. Even if the well and/or septic field are unuseable for some reason I can deal with those issues in different ways I'll get to later if needed.
The following pics were taken early this spring (late March) on my first visit to the property with the owner. I've cleaned it up some since then and cleared the fairly long entry road of fallen trees,etc. I'll post some updated pics soon but you get the idea. It is definately a Jed Clampett type homestead. This area in the pictures is at the southern edge of the property. The rest of the property is all wooded with both deciduous and coniferous trees. I haven't had time to explore it much at all yet but I intend to soon. I should also note that the fairly long (300 yards?) driveway in is pretty solid and has no clearance issues for my coach. The ground on the main entrance side of the mobile home is very solid and quite flat. Since these pics were taken I have mowed the overgrown grass down very short. I plan to lay some gravel down where I'll actually be parking.
[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

Last edited by OldRebel; 07/29/13 11:29 PM.