There are people who question the fact that I bought a coach instead of large 5th wheel. It's a valid question and I researched and shopped both. They both have their pluses and minuses. Coaches generally have more storage and weight carrying capacity. They also have larger tank capacities. I like how everything is integrated together in a coach. I like having the huge built-in generator that runs off the diesel tank. Of course the downside to coach ownership is maintenance on that expensive powertrain. Coaches are meant to be driven. Although mine will sit for long periods I will also get her out on the road to stretch her legs whenever possible. Both my brothers own properties in northwestern Montana and I have had this unit down there once already. I also like to travel into the mountains of British Columbia so that big Cummins will get some good work-outs there. Of course a heavy duty truck is required to tow a decent sized 5th wheel anyway and it would be sitting just like the coach will be.
I also own a 2007 Ranger Level II 4X4. It has a standard transmission and I bought it specifically to tow behind a coach. Although I bought the truck about four years ago I just bought the coach this past February. I've been planning this for a long time. I also own a 1985 Dodge van that runs on propane. When weather and road conditions permit I will be using the Dodge as my daily driver to work and back as it is cheaper to run than the Ranger and it keeps the wear and tear on the Ranger to a minimum. When you live out in the foothills/wilderness areas sooner or later you will hit a deer. It is almost a given. I'd rather whack one with the Dodge. My trip into work will be 50 kms (30 miles) each direction. I plan to incorporate a weather station setup into my coach so that I can monitor coach temperatures by computer or smart-phone while at work. I'm currently interested in the Aculink system http://www.acurite.com/aculink