Hi all. It's October 19th and it's time I updated again. I've had more Aqua-hot problems. It went down completely not long after my last post. My brother Scott has been out of town on business for a couple of weeks and we were also waiting for parts. I have been getting by fine using electric heaters but I have been lucky as the weather has been pretty nice. No real cold snaps yet. My Dad came out a couple of weeks ago and helped me build my heat tunnel.
[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

It took a bit of experimentation to get it to line up to my coach window and then fit snugly but I got it worked out. I used foam tubing and painters tape to seal it to the coach and then duct taped over the painters tape. There is no duct tape against the coach gel-coat and the painters tape should leave little if any residue.

It works quite well actually. When I use it I open the vents on the large overhead fan above the stove in the coach and also open a bedroom window a couple of inches. That allows a draft to be created. The heat doesn't "blow" through with much force at all---it kind of wafts through. It will keep my coach at a nice 70 degree F temperature all day when the outside temperature is around freezing.
My Dad and Scott were out today and Scott ripped into that Aqua-hot again. We had purchased some used AH parts through ebay but still found today that my blower motor(?) needs new bearings. It's causing it to run too slow and that in turn causes the burner to run too rich. It should be getting back together and operational this week I think.

Here's a pic of my brother Scott and I. Scott in the blue coveralls.

I also did some more work on my skirting. I had purchased some R12 insulation and packed some into the wheel wells. I also stuffed some into small plastic garbage bags for stuffing into places that might get moisture.

Scott also brought me out a spare water tank he had at his property in Montana. That will lessen the trips home from work carrying water.

I was talking to my neighbour Jeff at the fence today. I also met his mother and his daughter. Great people. Very friendly and were curious about how I was doing and were asking about that styrofoam tunnel between my coach and the mobile home. I found out that they had heard my gas genny running through September even though I had really tried to block and muffle it's noise. I felt bad about that but I really had no choice at the time. I told him about this blog and am going to email him a link right after I finish this post.
In closing let me say that sure I've had some problems and some bad luck with equipment but things are turning around. I've been quite comfortable now that I have power although I think I'll have a pretty rude electricity bill. If the AH was working I would be buying and burning diesel anyway. I'm using that heat tunnel every chance I get. I'll be fine. Most importantly I'm still having fun. So long for now.