Hi Oliver. I had actually considered installing a computer fan in that wall between the two bays back in September. After getting things set up in there I noticed that the first couple of seconds of water coming out of the cold tap was actually warm I figured that was a good indication of it being warm enough down there so I never proceeded. There "may" be another opening into that tank bay up high and towards the middle that I can't see. That's where the heat vent is from the AH. I agree that air circulation is needed. I like my warm water connection idea but I have this feeling that the way the fresh water fill feed is valved it won't let me do that (unmodified). When you open the control valve in the bay to allow the tank to be filled all current pressure in the lines is released and you hear gurgling. I have also noticed the pump will not create pressure when that fill valve is opened. I am really looking forward to seeing what is behind that water bay panel. I sure hope that whatever broke is easy to get at and I hope that there was only one thing that broke.
The weather here has warmed up a lot just today. It's only -3C here right now and they are forecasting above zero temps for the weekend. The road conditions in the city have been extremely slippery the last few days. Hundreds of accidents. They are saying that blizzard alone caused 13 million dollars worth of insurance claims. Thanks again for your interest.---Ken
By the way, I have been invited to the neighbour's for some Christmas cheer tomorrow night. Other people from right around here will be there also. Should be fun. I don't think I'll wear my coyote hat.