Tonight's post might come under the title of "You haven't lived until..."
Let me start by saying I have been using my big porta-potty instead of the toilet in the coach for about the past week. I decided this because when my brother and I get around to taking apart the water cabinet to fix my leak the tanks will have to be dumped first which has been a bit of a pain lately. The porta-potty works fine and to tell you the truth it may be all I use for the rest of the winter. The only thing is you have to occasionally empty it's tank. Before I went to work this morning I realized it needed emptying and figured I would do it when I got home tonight. I had forgotten that until I had cracked my first beer and was sitting nice and comfy on the couch. Then I spotted the tank waiting for me in the hallway and remembered. To top it off, I had planned on dumping it into an old long-unused outhouse I had found back in the trees about 150 yards from my coach. I didn't want to just dump it in the mobile home toilet because every time I use that toilet for dumping I have to pour some more RV antifreeze down it after to keep it from freezing. Gets pricey. Of course it is completely dark outside, a bit windy, and starting to snow. Hmmm. I had another beer and worked myself up to it. So here I was trudging through sometimes knee-deep snow with a flashlight, a full porta-potty tank and Mick Dundee's knife strapped to my belt looking for a rustic old outhouse in the dark in forest where I had seen a cougar. Actually, I was thinking that a better weapon against the unknown beast in the dark might have been throwing an uncapped porta-potty tank in it's general direction, lol. I took a few pics of the experience for you. Well. except for the final purpose of the excursion of course. I decided to document this because this whole adventure is, after all, not only a test of equipment but man as well, haha!

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

Last edited by OldRebel; 12/27/13 09:28 PM. Reason: reword