Hi Ken!

Happy New Year!! Have yourself a safe, enjoyable and healthly new year filled with continued adventures!

I've been reading your posts and I must say you haven't been bored one moment. I know one of the keys to living a happy life is to stay active -- which you do and we do too. Scott and I do something everyday whether it's hiking, biking, climbing, dirt biking, daily chores, bus projects, etc. Like you said there's always something to do.

Your most recent pictures are beautiful. The snow covered trees with the bright blue sky are gorgeous. I love that stuff! It reminds me of when we were skiing in northern Utah. I used to just stand in the woods and look up at the sky and fall in love with the deep blue sky. I couldn't get enough of it. Here's one of my favorite pictures of aspen trees in the winter.

[Linked Image from muniac.smugmug.com]

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the mountains in your area. We've never seen the Canadian Rockies and would love to one day. It's on our list of places to visit. Our favorite mountain range to date is the San Juan Mountains (part of the Rockies) in south west Colorado. We've ridden our dirt bikes and also hiked all over those mountains. The area reminds me of pictures you see in calendars. We've probably only scratched the surface of what's to see so I'm sure we'll return for another visit (already spent 3 summers there).

As you would expect, I really enjoyed the animal pictures. The large moose shots are incredible -- looks like a monster! The cougar video is quite intimidating so I can understand you being cautious. We saw our first moose when we were in northern Utah a few winters ago. After that occurrence we saw several others. One moose actually came right into the campground where we were staying.

[Linked Image from muniac.smugmug.com]

As for your most recent incident I had to chuckle even though it wasn't funny. On a positive note at least it didn't happen inside your living quarters. That would have stunk -- no pun intended. Just chalk it up as one of those things that can happen or as many would say "SH*T HAPPENS"!!

Continue to enjoy your beautiful view outside your window. Be safe, take care and stay warm!

Jeannie

Jeannie Bridgman
jeannie@muniac.com