Hi Jeannie. Happy New Year to you and Scott and thanks for your comments. The list of activities you and Scott enjoy would be a perfect fit for a visit to the Canadian Rockies. In fact I would recommend researching the Columbia valley north and south of Radium Hot Springs. Radium has several RV parks that should have spots to accomadate a unit as long as yours. I believe it is over 40 feet which makes it tougher to find a spot in the National Park campgrounds. Use Radium as your home base in that valley and explore the back country with your toad and bikes. As I posted early in my blog I have been a camper all my life and a very large part of it has been in that valley. The mountain range on the west side is called "The Purcells" and is absolutely gorgeous. It is also what is called "crown land" and not national park. Therefore all activities such as dirt-biking, snowmobiling, etc are permitted. Google "The Bugaboos" if you want to do some real mountain climbing. Go onto Google Earth and make sure "photos" are enabled. Then search for Cleland Lake, Jade Lake and Cartwright Lake. They are all relativley directly west of Brisco which is a small hamlet about 25 kms north of Radium. Most of the photos you will find around those lakes were taken by me a few years ago. I have quite a few photos on Google Earth. Some are in the Philippines.
Of course there is Banff and Jasper National Parks to explore as well. Tunnel Mountain campground in Banff is suited for large Class A's but I'm unsure of length restrictions. Also "Kicking Horse" campground in Yoho National Park can take Class A's. Again check length restrictions.
If anybody else reading this blog wants information about the eastern side of British Columbia and western side of Alberta just ask. I will be happy to give you some pointers on travelling here. Most, if not all, of the above named campgrounds need to be booked well in advance. Also, mountain driving in Canadian winters with a large RV is definitely not recommended.
BTW, laugh all you want at yesterday's post. It WAS funny. About 10 minutes after it happened anyway. Before that--not so much.

Last edited by OldRebel; 01/10/14 10:08 PM. Reason: clarification