Hi Jeannie. Thanks for your comments about my posts. They brightened up my day. That big snowfall yesterday was kind of a bummer. It's not like I didn't expect there to be a lot of snow out here. I knew there would be. I guess I was subconsciously hoping there was going to be some reasonable way to keep the driveway cleared. Like a neighborhood Mr.Plow or something,lol.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

Apparently though I'm the only Homer out here, haha! I just can't keep shoveling that driveway by hand. It's just too much. I started shopping snowblowers today but of course they are sold out or in short supply because of the hard winter we're having here. Hey, for a guy who doesn't like materialism I sure seem to be buying a lot of material stuff,eh? Oh well, I'll sure be set for next year. After all, I knew this year was going to be a real learning experience. It is sort of like when you go on vacation to somewhere you've never been before. The first time you go there you are scoping everything out. Then your subsequent visits are more enjoyable because you know what to expect and what to do.
I should be up on the coach roof cleaning off the snow tonight but it is supposed to stay above zero here all week--even at night. Plus, I'm feeling lazy tonight. This Saturday coming up is forecast to get up to 12C (54F). Do we have crazy weather here or what? We get what are called "chinooks" which are warm winds blowing in from the Pacific coast. They come in at altitude, skip across the mountain-tops and then drop into southern Alberta. That is why it can sometimes be warmer out here where I am than in the city of Calgary. I'm at about 4000 ft here. It is also the reason there can be a great amount of snow here. Sometimes the winds coming in across the mountains are carrying a lot of moisture. Moisture that was rain out near the coast but turns to snow through the mountains.
I like having all the different seasons that we have here. I just wish they were all the same length! Real spring doesn't really come here until approximately April. It is not uncommon to have snowfalls right into and through May. Calgarians know it is not wise to plant your garden or flowerbeds until after the Canadian May 24th long weekend. It has snowed in every month of the year at some time or another in the Calgary area. We have also seen years where it didn't snow until after Christmas. My mother has a picture of me as a toddler on her knee on New Years Day in Calgary with no snow. You just never know what you're going to get for weather around Calgary. They say if you don't like the weather here to wait five minutes-- it will change.