Hi all. This stretch of "warm" weather this week right after a snowfall has really created a big slushy mess in the city. Not so much out here. Certainly some snow has settled and melted out here but not as much as you might think. Our TV weatherman said the other day that it is not above zero temperatures that will melt snow but sunshine. He said that because our days are still so short this time of the year the sun is so low in the sky that we don't get that much melting from the sun. Warm winds will help evaporate/melt snow and it has been windy (chinook remember?) but I get very little wind here surrounded by trees. Also take note that it WAS actually warmer out here at 5 this morning than it was in the city. By about 2 degrees. The warmer temperatures are making my snow-clogged driveway even more difficult to use as the snow gets soft so that even my "track" is giving way under my wheels.
I put a deposit on a snowblower today. They are sold out of the size I need for the job here so I may not get it for several weeks yet. I'm trying to borrow somebody else's for my current driveway problem. Although I really can't afford it right now and will have to use credit I just can't see any way around it. It's only January 15th--we are barely half way through winter here and, like I said on a previous post, March is usually the month with the most snow! My father was a bank manager and taught me the value of credit and the importance of respecting it's use. I have always maintained a AAA credit rating throughout my life and it has come to my aid numerous times. A machine like a snowblower is not something I want to own permanently either as it doesn't fit with my desire to carry everything I own on board this coach. However, I will continue to live on this property for as long as my landlord will let me. That is expected to be several years at least so snowblower it is. If money was no object I would have a quad with a plow attachment. That would be better for my situation but the snowblower will do the job fine. Anything is better than shoveling that's for sure.
One more thing to mention tonight. I was at work today and suddenly realized there was something I needed to do with my coach setup with these warm temperatures. Any guesses?
Refrigerator ventilation of course. If you have followed this blog all along you know that I have had the outside ventilation panel for the refrigerator mostly blocked off because of the extreme cold in December. I unblocked one entire vent slot tonight. You have to keep thinking about stuff like this all the time or you will get bitten in the butt.