I have been working on my heat tunnel setup this weekend. It was a bit of a trial and error affair so I can only show you pictures of what is looks like in it's current "completed" state.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

The idea was to run some proper stove pipe ducting right down low on top of the wood stove. Run intake and exhaust ducting into the coach so that you're just recirculating and heating the air in the coach. That would allow me to not have to keep the whole living room in the mobile home hot--just the ducting right above the stove. I could damper the stove down a lot more and save on wood.
I used aluminum tape on the stove pipe junctions. The stove is hot right now and the tape seems fine. Not even discoloring. The air intake ducting is 8" but it converts to 7" just behind the stove and then is 7" all the way to the exhaust. The duct blower is part of the 8" section and is pointed to push the air through the system.
The following pictures show the ducting ports from inside the coach. I used a piece of my 1" styrofoam board to make the wall on the end of the tunnel. I stuffed in little bits of pink insulation in any openings around the ducting pipes where they poke through the styro. Then I taped over and around the circumference with some more Reflectix tape. I need to buy another 8" elbow for the air intake. I want to point it towards the front of the coach.

I was able to partially close the window and then stuffed more pink insulation in the gap.

I've been heating with wood for about 1 1/2 hours right now with the wood stove on a slow burn. Oh, I also glued the stove door gasket back in place to make it an "airtight" stove again. I'm tinkering with the stove air intake vents to get it where I want it. i I'm going to try to heat with it overnight tonight. It's fairly mild here right now. Probably around -3C.
I want to get the duct blower hooked up to a thermostat so I can have automated control over its operation. One step at a time. cool

Last edited by OldRebel; 02/16/14 04:52 PM.