The last few days have been extremely cold as forecast. Into the -30's at night and wind chills to below -40 in places. Nasty. I had the last three days off and just stayed hunkered down in the coach for the most part. Burned lots of wood. I bought a small weather unit on sale. It came with a remote sensor which I have put outside. Here are a couple of pictures of it showing inside and outside temperatures. Outside temp is top display--see the negative mark in front. I saw the outside temp reading -32.8 Saturday morning.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

I thought it was kind of cool when the outside and inside temperatures matched their degrees above and below zero.

Notice there is no reading for outside humidity. That is not because it's faulty. There really is zero humidity here. Calgary and southern Alberta in general are one of the driest areas on earth believe it or not. Especially in cold temperatures. If you don't use lotion/moisturizer on your hands the skin will dry out, split, crack and even bleed. I'm bad for not using lotion often enough but so far this year I haven't had a problem.

I also bought a new big outside thermometer. It seems to read a few degrees too warm (lol) where I have it mounted right now. I'm going to move it.

Here is a picture of where I have the thermocube taped to the ducting.

The ducting never gets too hot to touch there--even when the blower is off. It does get warm enough to activate the thermocube at the right times though.
A fresh pic of the yard. I bought the metal garbage can to hold warm and hot coals when cleaning out the wood stove. It takes couple of days for that wood stove to get completely cold.

The next few days are supposed to be a bit warmer and then get real nice for the weekend. I'll be cutting down more dead trees.