It has been a beautiful weekend here although I had to work all day Saturday. Big chinook rolled in Friday. Here is a picture of my weather station at 6 AM today.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

That is what chinooks do! Scott and Shale came out early today to help me cut down some trees. We also got the snowmobile out of the bush and back to the yard.

When we checked out the sled it seemed that it would move again(!?) so Scott just rode it back. It just about made it but powered out and stopped at the edge of the yard.

Then we started cutting down trees and hauling them back. We cut down quite a bit of wood today. Even got some pine. There were a couple of big trees as you can see in the following pictures.

I shut off the Aquahot today and opened the coach windows and roof vents to air the whole thing out. That last cold snap was really long--I think about 10 days of -20C or colder! I think we're out of it for good now though. It sure felt like spring was in the air this weekend. I sure hope so. It has been a long and brutal winter to this point and I'm tired of it.