Hi Scott. Great to hear from you and thank-you for what you said. It has and continues to be a great adventure. I like the term unique. There has always been something about me that drives me to be different and shun "going with the flow". I've been pondering where this blog is going since winter is over now (and I survived) and your comment about readers being "with me" here kind of struck home. With the number of views I have received on my blog it is evident people are interested and,I think, for a number of different reasons. I like to think that many (most?) have thought about what it would be like to try something like this but for various reasons can't or wouldn't. Of course there is interest as to how a coach like mine would fare in extreme conditions as well.
I will continue to post about my life here and I really appreciate you letting me chronicle this adventure on your site.
OK, here is the latest. It's been above zero during the day constantly now so I have been shutting down the coach completely when leaving for work. Sun heating through the south-facing windows keeps the coach at a nice temperature all day. I am going to be saving $$$ now right through until fall. My last electrical bill was down to 227.00. I filled all 5 jerry cans (25 gals) with diesel a couple of days ago and the coach tank swallowed every drop. I think it would take another two jerry cans to top it completely. The last time I had put diesel in (3 cans) was about late February I think. I have not been heating with wood at all in the last 10 days or so as there has really not been a need--even at night. I am also more conscious now about my wood supply as I have no easy way to haul the wood home from the bush. I badly need a quad here but just can't afford one for now.
I have been running one electric heater at night which seems to be all that is needed. The AquaHot is on as well but it will seldom fire up. I ended up figuring letting that one cheap little electric heater do most of the work was probably better than letting that expensive and complicated AquaHot system run more often.
I am to the point where I really want to get my coach water system repaired. I'm sure there are readers who are waiting for the answer to what actually broke as well. SOON.
Here are some very recent pictures. Nothing exciting---just classic Alberta spring.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

The driveway in was getting very soft so I started parking out by the gate and walking in and out several days ago. I don't want to rut up the driveway.

Readers of my blog here know that I leave for work very early in the morning--5 o'clock. It is, let's say,-invigorating- to walk a couple of hundred yards in the dark through the forest at that time of day! I fire up my big dual-mantel Coleman lantern for that walk to be sure. There are numerous owls here and they hoot all around me for that walk every morning. I heard a sudden rustling off to one side this morning and saw a few white-tailed deer scamper away. Yes, I carry my big knife with me in case of a nastier surprise but although I am aware of the possibility I don't let myself worry about it.
One last pic.

Goodnight, and thanks again. I'm still having fun. It's so peaceful and beautiful here I don't think I will ever do city life again.