Hello people. It's Saturday morning May 3rd and here is what I woke up to.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

A classic spring snow storm for this area. I measured the snow on the picnic table to be 9 1/4". I'm debating whether to bother getting the snow blower back out from it's storage spot. The ground is soft and rutted with mud under the snow and I don't want to suck mud and dirt into the blade so I think I'll just wait for it to melt. That will only be a few days. The driveway will be really soggy again. Too bad as it was starting to dry up nicely.

I was on a later shift last week and was driving into the rising sun. The white mountains behind me looked so nice I stopped and took a picture for you. My place is probably 5 miles west of this point.

My brother Scott stayed out here with me last weekend. He is recuperating from surgery so we were pretty laid back. Drank too much, lol. At one point we were out in the yard by the fire pit and I suddenly saw two deer run by just to the northwest--about 50 yards away. Then we saw this huge coyote running after them. The coyote stopped right in front of us and was staring intently at his disappearing prey. It was several seconds before he suddenly looked left and noticed us standing there. He turned tail and ran out of view in a hurry. He was big but I don't think it was a wolf. Not sure though. I wish I had got a picture but it all happened too fast.
I have a few interesting animal video clips from my game camera but I am having trouble posting them with links that work. They are short HD video clips in the AVI format. I'll keep experimenting so stay tuned.