I'm going to show you this really slick and efficient shower set-up I have in the old mobile home. It works extremely well. Terrific water flow and pressure plus it will heat the water as hot as you want it. It is the Eccotemp L5 model. I paid about 120.00 for it from Camping World. As soon as the unit has water flow it auto-ignites and heats the water instantly. Temperature is controlled by the gas regulator dial on the shower unit. There is an on/off switch on the shower head for water flow. I must say this unit is supposed to be used outdoors only because it burns propane to heat the water but for the short time I'm having a shower plus the fact I don't live in the trailer I don't think it's a problem. If I wanted I could also leave the rear side door of the mobile home open as I shower since it is directly across from the bathroom. Might give the deer a scare though, lol. I've been using this unit for about a week now and there are no odors or fumes that I can sense. I realize CO is odorless. It's just not on long enough to be a factor.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

You have to supply the unit with a propane source, a water source, and a pump. My propane source is one of those smaller type propane tanks. The pump is from my coach. I purchased a new Flojet sensor type for the coach but haven't installed it yet. Power is supplied by my 12 volt booster pack. It has 12 volt sockets on the front so I wired up a 12 volt plug for the water pump and just plug it in when it's shower time. I would use this setup for power for my macerator pump as well but it sucks more power and I can't find a 12 volt plug with thick enough wires to do the job.

The pump is screwed to that block of wood and the block of wood is screwed to the wall. I originally mounted it there because the connections leaked a bit when it was pumping so I figured the leaks might as well go into the toilet tank. I have since teflon taped the connections so there are no more leaks.

Water is supplied by one of my 5 gallon water jugs. A nice satisfying shower uses about 3/4 of the jug. Notice I have attached a quick-connect onto the water jug cap. This makes it way easier to unscrew the cap to change tanks. When I'm going to use the shower I just turn the tank on it's side.

I get my water now from a tap at a trailer dumping station near a campground about 4 miles west of me. It is only open in the summer months. It's drinkable water also but has a bit of a chemical taste. Therefore I use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

So all in all it's a pretty nice efficient bathroom setup. Aahh--the seventies.

I'm lucky that the rooms that I use in the trailer are still in decent shape. The first bedroom has really bad roof problems and has so much mold that I covered over the door with poly. Notice the marks on the door from seventies "Flower Power" stickers, lol.

Oh yeah. The snow melted away by mid-morning.

Last edited by OldRebel; 06/05/14 01:51 PM. Reason: error