I'll bring you up to speed on what I've been up to the last few days. I have been focusing on getting this coach ready to fire up for the first time since last September. That is a lonnggg time and I have previously posted as to why that is the case. Remembering that I purchased this coach as a repo and have no idea of it's service history and have no manuals of any kind makes this an adventure in itself. Although I had the oil changed and bought new tires after purchase there has really been nothing else serviced on this coach mechanically since I bought it. Therefore I want to change the air and fuel filters right away at the very least. I see filters with marker pen dates inscribed on them dated 2007! And the more I look the more filters I see. This is a very big, complicated engine and it is quite foreign to me. I think this coach has done a lot of sitting quite frankly.
It has taken me a few days just to figure out how to change the air filter, lol. I ended up realizing that the only way to get it out of it's canister was to lift the platform that is under my bed. That in itself was not easy. It wouldn't budge at all. I finally had to pry it up with my crowbar, believe it or not!

Yes, a red-headed monster lives under my bed.

[Linked Image from i1288.photobucket.com]

The air filter is inside that big black canister on the left side of the picture. I took that whole canister out to change it but now I know that I don't have to do that next time. This is a "learn as you go" situation just like everything else I've been doing living out here like this.

This is a Cummins M11 "Red Top" and has incredible power. I was stunned when I first drove it and found out the amount of power I had under my right foot. The engine is very much the most valuable thing in the whole coach. Ruin the engine and this 17 year old coach would be pretty much junk.

I ordered gravel today for the driveway and turn-a-round spot. Five gravel truck loads of "road-mix". The same as what I made my pad with last August. They're coming tomorrow morning. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next little while getting that spread out to where I want it. I actually really like manual labor. I like the satisfaction of seeing what I've done after completion. Plus it's good exercise. Thanks to electronic cigarettes and the hard work I've put in living here I think I'm in the best shape I've been in for probably 25 years. Still have a beer belly though, lol.

One last pic for tonight and it's kind of a crappy one. I looked out the windshield of my coach very early this morning and saw a moose. I took a few pictures but this is the only one that was decently clear enough to post.

I'll take some pics of tomorrows action and post them for you.

Last edited by OldRebel; 06/10/14 09:16 PM.